After pink, it was time to go dark. And what better way to go dark then to try out China Glaze Stone Cold from their new Capitol Colours collection. I only got three polishes from this collection – Harvest Moon, Stone Cold and Luxe And Lush. I did kind of want Fast Track but it was out of stock already and oh well. Anyway, on to pictures!
And on the nails, I couldn’t just paint my nails with it and stop there. So I added some dots with OPI Black Onyx and covered the entire thing with Essie Matte About You to make the dots matte as well. And this is the result:
I must say I am totally loving this color, it’s like granite and if you cover it with a glossy top coat, it turns into a magnificent wet asphalt look. Gorgeous!
* Beautiful color
* Dries fast
* Decent brush like CG always has
* Looks fantastic matte AND glossy
* 2 coats only. You could get away with one coat if you apply it thick and even but it’s a tad tricky.
* A bit prone to streaking because..
* … it dries fast! You have to have a steady and quick hand for it to not streak because you have to apply it fast and steady. I had shaky hands so I had to work slower then this polish likes and as a result, it’s a bit messy here and there.
Overall this gets a thumbs up for sure!
Next post on Monday or Tuesday, it’s my birthday this weekend so I’ll be busy with that🙂 I have some exciting reviews lined up for next week so stay tuned!