Hello all! Since today is my birthday, I decided to write about something truly special. That being my new love when it comes to body products – Haus of Gloi. I accidentally stumbled upon them and it couldn’t have been a happier accident!
First of all, I got all my butters in the sample size which is 2 oz and makes for one generous sample! I decided to go for small sizes because my collectors spirit kicked in and I knew I had to have way more then one or two. The sample sizes are 4.50$, full size (6 oz) is 9-10$, depending on the butter so obviously it’s more economical to get the big size once you’ve decided on which scent you love the most. Haus of Gloi is a small business, run by two people and they’re vegan friendly. They make body butters, perfumes, soaps and lotions. I went for butters because I’m having some dry skin issues right now.
When my package arrived, I saw the cutest packaging, each butter was individually wrapped:
Opening the jar, I got a nice surprise – they’re all sealed with a safety seal. I did not expect it from such a small company but I must say this is a really great touch!
Once you tear into it, the butter itself looks like this (and despite it looking very… solid… it’s not. It’s soft as butter, really):
And now lets talk about the scents I got and all the pros and cons! These are all the jars:
Starting from the top, official description in italic (and might I say, whoever thought of these descriptions should be a writer! They’re the most beautiful and mouthwatering descriptions ever!):
* Spring Tonic 2 – Fresh cucumber, parsley and dandelion greens. This one was a limited edition and is no longer available. However they’re starting their spring line tonight so check that out for new limiteds! Anyway. This one is like freshness in a jar, to me it smells like grass in the spring sun. My kid loves this one and snatched it away from me pretty much immediately.
* Picaroon – Sun scorched mahogany bough crusted with a crystalline sea spray! Faint plundered spices, lemongrass, coconuts, expressed Mexican lime, and Haitian bay rum. This is one of my favorites. It’s creamy and a very interesting mix of salty sea and sweeter scents. I love it. It’s really nice on the skin as well.
* Elevenses – Not quite breakfast and not quite lunch, its the little snack in between. Bring out the old cracked china! Tiny, little, fluffy orange cakes, sugar coated toasty almonds and a wee steaming cup of black tea! This one is my absolute favorite of the bunch. It smells like strong tea with some sweet notes. It’s fantastic! Fresh, a tiny bit sweet and tan all at once.
* Vice – Steam billows rolling off a vessel of fresh made Turkish coffee, marshmallow goo tainted by graham cracker crumbs, toasted hazelnuts and blanketed in black chocolate. This is something for those who love really sweet scents. It smells like the best cookie you could possibly imagine. It’s like it’s made in cookie heaven😀 For me this is a bit too sweet but I do love it. I’m using this on dry patches, the scent would be too much for me all over the body.
* Apothecary – Old books, bubbling concoctions, herbs and creaking floor boards! A pure essential oil blend of: Lemongrass, rosemary, blood cedar, sweet basil, lavender and the tiniest drop of vetiver. This one I really like as well. Lemongrass makes a strong appearance here, it’s zesty, fresh and definitely suitable for men as well.
* Madcap Garden – A lively blend, pure black tea chilled with peppermint and the tiniest spike of sweet honey. Very unisex, stimulating, addictive, and bright. This one is the only miss in my book. To me it smells like honey and chamomile, no peppermint or black tea that I can smell. If you like honey scent, you really have to try this one. I sadly don’t. But it’s a personal thing. I’ll be gifting this to someone who’ll appreciate it more🙂
* Very moisturizing
* Spreads VERY well
* Generous sample size
* Amazing scents
* Affordable prices
* Ships worldwide
* Non-sticky, sinks in fast
* The scents stay on for quite some time but they’re not overwhelming. They also have an unscented butter if scents are not your thing.
* Pure vegan formula (I’m not vegan but I love it when a good product is vegan friendly)
* Seriously addictive, I want more!
I am definitely going to check out their new spring line (though I shouldn’t) and my wishlist contains at least Depravity, Imp, Insalata Nocturna, Litchi Milk Tea, Moon Dog, Peach Mama, Satyr, Troika… Yeah, you get the picture. Someone confiscate my wallet please!😀
And ofcourse I’d love to try out their soaps and lotions. I bet the lotions would be great for the summer.
Go check all their stock out in their store – Haus of Gloi and this link will also be added into the stores I love list (look above the banner) as well so you can easily find it later there too.
This starting week I have some pretty fun things planned. I will definitely be doing at least one manicure post, hopefully two. And two fun reviews! More on Rich products and also my first double language post about the Estonian Glambox. The double language thing will be reserved for Glambox posts, I’ll still write fully in English on other posts. So stay tuned, it will be a fun week!